We’re research game-changers unconstrained by tradition and supported by the best in innovation, intellect and infrastructure.
Discovery, problem-solving, creativity and integrity are all crucial to great research and learning environments that inspire. We collaborate closely within and across our research disciplines and with our industry, technology and academic partners.
We work together within and across disciplines to deliver solutions for our industry partners, create knowledge with our students and generate real impact in our communities.
Understanding our Research Environment.
- Our vision is to be a leading public university of technology recognised for our global impact. Our strategy, UTS 2027, is how we're getting there.
- UTS research is based on a strategic approach, close collaborations and ethical values. The UTS Research Strategy puts our people at the heart of our deliberative approach to delivering greater impact. Learn about the UTS Research Strategy.
- UTS is committed to delivering excellent research with impact, conducted in the right way. We foster a strong culture to ensure our research is safe, ethical and responsible. Learn about Ethics and Integrity.
- UTS aims to make it easier for all UTS staff and research students to plan, conduct and manage excellent research with impact. Get up to date on the UTS Research Governance and Policy
Discover our leading research support infrastructure.
There are three main administrative centres responsible for the development, management and support of UTS research strengths, individual research projects, research students and staff. These are: the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Research); the Research Office; and the Graduate Research School (GRS).
- A postgraduate research degree equips you with specialist knowledge in your chosen field in preparation for entrepreneurial career pathways, senior roles in industry, or for a future career in research. Find out about the UTS Graduate Research School
- The Research Office supports the UTS research community in undertaking high quality research projects and practices that deliver global impact. They look after all aspects of research from funding, reporting, development, collaboration, commercialisation and translation. Meet the UTS Research Office.