UTS researchers have and continue to be awarded with prestigious national and international prizes and awards for their exemplary research efforts.
These achievements speak to the reputation, quality, and calibre of UTS researchers. UTS encourages and supports researchers to nominate and be nominated for national, international, external, and internal prizes, awards and fellowships. Discover what UTS academics were honoured with in 2021.
UTS Research Prises and Awards
The UTS Vice-Chancellor's Awards for Research Excellence were established in 2010 to recognise the outstanding contribution UTS staff make towards helping shape the world we live in. They include the following,
- Chancellor’s Medal for Research Excellence
- UTS Medal for Research Impact
- UTS Medal for Excellence in Research and Teaching Integration
- Early Career Research Excellence Award
- Research Leadership and Development Award
- Research Excellence through Collaboration or Partnership Award
- Research Management and Development Award (Professional Staff)
External Research Prises and Awards
UTS directly supports the nominations, review, and administration of a number of key external prizes and awards through the central Research Office and the UTS Prizes and Awards Advisory Committee. These include:
- Australian Museum Eureka Awards
- Young Tall Poppy Science Awards
- Prime Minister’s Prize’s for Science
- NSW Premier’s Prize’s for Science and Engineering
- Australian Academy of the Humanities, The Max Crawford Medal
- NAIDOC Awards
- L'Oreal-UNESCO For Women in Science Australia and New Zealand Fellowships
- Lindau Nobel Laureate Meetings
- Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program, WiSTEM2D Scholars Award
What else can I search for more Prizes and Awards?
- Further opportunities for recognition in particular fields of research can be located via the Research Professional database, using the text search field to identify your keywords.
- Explore the Prizes and Awards Register. (This link requires your UTS ID to access). This sheet provides a searchable list of national and international prizes and awards covering all discipline areas and all aligned with the UTS Research Strategy.
- Your UTS School, Faculty, or Institute research support teams may also be able to assist and support in identifying suitable opportunities and reviewing nominations.
For more information, contact the Research Capability and Development Team at the Research Office.